Thursday, December 11, 2008

AR Rahman gets Golden Globe Nomination for SdM !!!!

Wowwwwwww....God has finally answered my prayers. ARR gets his first ever nomination in Golden Globe awards for the Best Score category.

http://www.goldenglobes.org/nominations/index.html

Best Original Score - Motion Picture

The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button
Composed by Alexandre Desplat

Changeling
Composed by Clint Eastwood

Defiance
Composed by James Newton Howard

Slumdog Millionaire
Composed by A. R. Rahman

Frost/Nixon
Composed by Hans Zimmer

Just seeing his name alongwith Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard gives me goosebumps. This is truly a great feat by any Indian music composer till date, and who better deserves it than Rahman. I'm very happy that all his hardwork has got noticed and is getting its due respect. SdM is undoubtedly an amazing score, very entertaining, got an innovative mix of genres, and on top of all... very Indian at heart.

A Golden globe nomination is itself a dream come true for me, I don't think I'll be able to control myself if he wins it.

You can go to this page and vote for ARR to win the prestigious award :

Yahoo Golden Globe awards for Best Musical Score

Now prayers start for my next big dream...a performance @ The Oscars......

0 comments: