Thursday, September 6, 2007

..and my 30 gig ipod is now Obsolete

Apple has announced yesterday a new line up of iPod music players. And what a time to do that, when the holiday season is just coming up. They've developed this trend of stealing the top spot of best holiday gifts every year.

I'm a hardcore devotee of apple ipod brands, having the latest ipod nano, 5th gen ipod and new ipod shuffle...but just in one day 2 of them have become obsolete :(. I'm glad atleast ipod shuffle didnt change. Enough of my sad part, lets go to the exciting additions.

- There's no more 4 gigs iPhone. Apple slashed 8 gig iPhone from $599 to $399, and thats the only new iPhone model which is gonna be available. Imagine the plight of people who bought 4 gig iPhone for the price of 8 gigs just 2 months ago...

- 5th gen iPods have now become iPod Classic, coming in 80 gigs and 160 gigs of storage space for $249 and $349 respectively. Now this is a steal...I had bought my 30 gigs iPod for the same price. Is it time to upgrade ??

- Now this is a great upgrade. The new iPod nano, much smaller and thinner than its predecessor. Best add-on is that it can now display video. But why do I want to watch video in small screen ?? It comes at $149 for a 4GB version, and 8GB version that will cost $199

- And now for the grand numero uno addition to the iPod line up....the newest and the latest iPod Touch. Almost identical to the iPhone, except that you can't make calls. You've got multi touch technology, Apple's Safari Web browser, has built-in Google and Yahoo search. And best part is you don't have to get the shitty AT & T service...woooohooo..There's Wi-Fi wireless Internet capabilities which is cool. They've partnered with Starbucks which would now let users automatically download songs that are playing at Starbucks stores within Wi-Fi range. Smart move. But hold on there's a bit of a downside too for this model. It just comes in 8GB and 16 GB versions :(. Now why would they do that ? 2 months later, they would again come up with a 30 GB iPod Touch for the same price...arrghhhhh...

On the whole, i think its a great move by apple. All the new products are exciting, but my favorite is gonna be iPod Classic with 80 Gigs. My dream iPod would be 30 Gig iPod Touch which would have a built-in radio that would allow me to download songs as i listen to them...Sweet deal right ??? I'm very eager to see what SNL is going to come up with on this new iPod line up :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah..i have the 30GB ipod too and i fell the same way :) I asked my husband to buy me new ipod touch for thanksgiving present ..hehehe..may be i shud ask him to wait until it comes in 30gig like you said..hopefully :)

- S i R i S h - said...

hehe...yeah Shilpa, I think you should probably wait. Its a great product, but it still isnt the best. And when I say great for Apple, its better than the best from any other company :).

Anonymous said...

The valuable information